Choosing the right type of backyard fence in Wesley Chapel, FL depends on what you’re hoping to get out of it. In the backyard, most homeowners are hoping for security and privacy—but having an attractive fence certainly doesn’t hurt, either.
What do you need from your fence?
The first question to consider is what you need from your fence—for example, families with pets and children are going to want something “escape proof,” while others might simply want to designate boundaries:
- Safety: If you’ve got small children on pets, having a fence in your backyard is a smart way to keep them corralled and safe. For dogs that dig under fences, talk to your contractor about how to avoid that with sunken installations and other barriers.
- Privacy: It’s nice to keep prying eyes away from your windows and backyard activities. Try a solid fence or grow a generous, leafy vine over an open fence.
- Security: If you’re interested in keeping your home safe, you might choose an option that’s not easily scalable or knocked over.
- Aesthetics: Looks matter—sometimes an attractive option is the deciding factor that pushes you toward one material or another. Choose something that complements your home’s architecture.
Popular fence choices
When you’re having a hard time deciding between fences, or just don’t know where to start, reading an overview of fence types can help you narrow down your options. Here are the most popular types of fences in Wesley Chapel, FL:
- Wood: Wooden fences are classic, affordable, versatile and durable, although they require more maintenance than some other materials.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is low maintenance, but doesn’t provide as much privacy and security as other materials. This type of fencing is ideal for delineating your property boundaries, but it can be bypassed easily.
- Vinyl: Vinyl fences are extremely low maintenance thanks to their weather-resistant nature. This type of fence comes in several different color options, and virtually limitless design options, but it’s not as strong as wood and chain link.
- Chain link: Chain link fences are utilitarian, but they provide good security with a low-maintenance material. For privacy, insert slats into the chain link, or let a vine entwine itself among the fencing.
- Wrought iron: Wrought iron is a beautiful fence choice, but requires plenty of maintenance to keep it from rusting. Decorative wrought iron adds an elegant look to your backyard, but it’s also expensive and not as secure as wooden or chain link fences. When you want a custom look and aren’t concerned about safety or privacy, wrought iron is the way to go.
Many homeowners narrow their list down to two or three top choices, then look at samples before making their final decision. You also might want to seek the advice of an experienced contractor before deciding—they can steer you toward a choice that will make you happy for years to come.
For attractive, sturdy and professional fence installation in Wesley Chapel, FL, get in touch with Embassy Construction and Remodeling, LLC today.