Your roof needs to be properly maintained if you want it to keep your home and belongings as safe as possible over the years. While even well-maintained roofs can become damaged and start to leak, warp or lose shingles, you’ll have better luck when you choose a quality roof, invest in professional installation and keep up with basic tasks.
Here are some of the most common issues that lead to a need for roof repair in Wesley Chapel, FL:
- Leaks: The most common problem homeowners have with a roof is leaking. Leaks can start a number of different ways, from missing or damaged shingles to cracked flashing, improperly-installed gutters and gaps in the seams. When your roof leaks in Wesley Chapel, FL, it can cause structural and property damage inside your home, so it’s important that you get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Clogged gutters: Clogged gutters are a nightmare during the rainy season. Gutters are designed to collect water and divert it away from your foundation and walls to prevent damage, but when they’re clogged, they’ll overflow and spill onto the roof and the ground beneath.
- Tree damage: Tree branches (and entire trees) have been known to break and fall on roofs, which can cause punctures, large holes and other major issues. To prevent this problem, plant your trees a moderate distance from your home and make sure they’re properly maintained all year, especially when storms are in the forecast.
- Pooling water: Have you noticed water pooling on your roof, in valleys or sunken spots? You can have your roofing contractor build tiny slopes on the roof to direct water runoff appropriately.
- Snow and ice damage: Although snow and ice aren’t necessarily common in Wesley Chapel, FL, they are a leading cause of roof damage elsewhere in the country. When water freezes, then thaws and seeps under your shingles, you may experience rot and other roofing problems. The best way to address this, should the temperatures fall below freezing, is to schedule roof maintenance as soon as possible after the storm has passed.
- Cracks or blisters: Built-up roofs with several layers over a flat surface are particularly susceptible to cracking and blistering, although it can happen to a number of different roofing types.
- Shrinking: Shrinking happens when the roofing material contracts, leaving certain areas exposed and susceptible to water and insect intrusion. It also pulls apart the flashing, requiring even further repairs. If your roof is covered in synthetic rubber (EPDM), you may be especially prone to shrinkage.
- Inferior installation: Finally, many homeowners find that the previous roof installation was of a lower quality than needed. Roofers who skip the details in favor of getting the job done fast might save you time in the short term, but it’s ultimately worth it to go with the highest-quality contractors you can find.
Don’t risk roofing issues in Wesley Chapel, FL. For quality roofing materials and installation, reach out to the team at Embassy Construction and Remodeling, LLC today to arrange a consultation.